Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 128
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Journey to the Cross: Reflecting on 24 Hours That Changed the WorldAdam HamiltonAbingdon Press / 2014 / Trade Paperback$3.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$9.99Save 60% ($6.00)
Forgiving others and humbly asking for forgiveness are central disciplines for all Christian believers. Lent, a time to reflect on our Christian journey, is an appropriate time to deepen our understanding and practice of forgiveness. Marjorie J. Thompson, author of the best-selling book Soul Feast, takes a close look at our understanding of forgiveness in this encouraging study. In six brief chapters, Thompson addresses such questions as the following:
- Is forgiveness a Christian duty under all circumstances? Or are there situations when Christians do not need to forgive?
- Is forgiveness a matter between individuals, or is it meaningful only in the context of communities?
- Is forgiving the best route to healing for the injured?
- How do we get past emotional barriers to real forgiveness?
Using biblical examples and real-life situations, Thompson illustrates each chapters theme in an informative and engaging way. A study guide is also included at the back of the book that is appropriate for either individual reflection or group discussion. With clarity, insight, and sensitivity, this book is the perfect resource for examining both our ability to forgive and our own need for forgiveness.