Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Welcome to Stage 2 of the Fix-It and Forget-It brand! Phyllis Good's Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook features 250 new recipes, fully tested and perfected for making in the slow cooker. This new book gives you choices. Each chapter includes Basic Recipes for when you have no time to think but also offers more Challenging Recipes for when you're in the mood to experiment. Choose the ingredients that work best for you. Either make the recipes with convenience foods or flip to the "Make Your Own Staples" chapter. Find recipes to prepare from-scratch cream soups; hash browns; cornbread mix; beef, chicken, and veggie stocks; dried beans; applesauce and apple butter. This full-color cookbook will delight family and friends - beginning and experienced cooks.
|Title: Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 Slow Cooker Recipes|
By: Phyllis Pellman Good
Number of Pages: 300
Vendor: Good Book/Skyhorse Publishing
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 7.40 X 9.10 (inches)|
Weight: 2 pounds
Series: Fix-It and Forget-It
Stock No: WW488002
Fix-It and Forget-It Vegetarian Cookbook, Lay-flat Spiral Binding softcoverPhyllis Pellman GoodGood Book/Skyhorse Publishing / 2012 / Other$13.49 Retail:
$18.95Save 29% ($5.46)
Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow-Cooker RecipesPhyllis Pellman GoodGood Books / 2008 / Hardcover$19.99 Retail:
$29.95Save 33% ($9.96)
Fix-It and Enjoy-It Healthy Cookbook: 400 Great Stove-Top and Oven Recipes Comb BindingPhyllis Pellman Good, Mayo ClinicGood Book/Skyhorse Publishing / 2008 / Spiral Bound$13.49 Retail:
$18.95Save 29% ($5.46)
Fix-It and Forget-It is the series of cookbooks responsible for getting slow cookers out of cupboards and back onto kitchen counters, selling more than 11 million cookbooks since the series launched. Now, after years of developing and testing hundreds of recipes, Fix-It and Forget-It is in full color, by New York Times bestselling author, Phyllis Good.
Fix-It and Forget-It NEW Cookbook, with full-color photography throughout, offers 250 new and fully tested recipes to make in a slow cooker, including:
- Slow Cooker Pizza, Barbecued Turkey Cutlets, Balsamic-Glazed Pork Ribs, Ginger Pot Roast, Pasta Vanessa, and Chiles Rellenos (among the Main Dishes).
- Sweet Potato Pudding with Cardamom, Eggplant Creole, Rosemary Carrots, and Party Walnut Broccoli (among the Vegetables).
- Cranberry Almond Bread, Festive Strawberry Loaf, Mexican-Style Cornbread, and Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread (among the Breads).
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup, Corn and Shrimp Chowder, Curried Chicken Chowder, and Turkey Pumpkin Black-Bean Chili (among the Soups).
- Omelet Camping Casserole, Creamy French Toast with Peaches, and Baked Oatmeal (among the Breakfasts and Brunches).
- Salmon-Stuffed Mushrooms, Hot Wings Dip, Hot Buttered Lemonade, and Rosemary Walnuts (among the Appetizers, Snacks, and Beverages).
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake, Mocha Bread Pudding, Slow Cooker Crème Brulee, and Pumpkin Pecan Pie (among the Sweets and Desserts).
- Chicken, Beef, and Vegetable Stocks; Easy Ketchup; Homemade Yogurt; and Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup (among the Everyday From-Scratch Basics).
Each recipe is easy to follow and requires a minimum of ingredients and equipment. Helpful Tips are included with many of the recipes.
Phyllis Good believes that slow cookers are helpful appliances for both beginner and experienced cooks alike. The recipes in the book that require very little prep time or skills are labeled "Quick and Easy." (Those recipes even have their own Index!). The unmarked recipes are a little more complex, but they arent hard to prepare.
Fix-It and Forget-It NEW Cookbook is a big, full-color, useful cookbook, which, in addition to recipes, offers:
Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. Weve been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.