Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
With its incredible natural beauty, vibrant neighborhoods, and endless energy, San Francisco is one of the most alluring of U.S. cities. This new Fodor's book is a traveler's guide to the best of the best, from how to explore Golden Gate Park and the Mission District's street art, to where to find the city's top museums, boutiques, bars, and restaurants.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and whats off the beaten path
· Major sights such as The Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Park, Coit Tower, Ferry Building, California Academy of Sciences, and Wine Country
· Coverage of Union Square and Chinatown; Soma and Civic Center; Nob Hill and Russian Hill; North Beach; On the Waterfront; The Marina and the Presidio; The Western Shoreline; Golden Gate Park; The Haight, The Castro, and Noe Valley; Mission District; Pacific Heights and Japantown; The Bay Area; The Wine Country
Planning to visit more of California? Check our Fodor's state-wide travel guide to California and also Fodor's Napa & Sonoma, San Diego, and Los Angeles guides.