Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
India is a country of vibrant and enticing contrasts: exquisite palaces are juxtaposed against simple temples, and modern high-tech industry coexists with ancient customs and rituals. There's much to see and do in this vast and geographically diverse country, and Fodor's Essential India covers the must-see sights better than anyone else.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· An 8-page color insert with a brief introduction and spectacular photos that capture the top experiences and attractions throughout India
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and whats off the beaten path
· Side Trips from Delhi including Agra and environs, Khajuraho, and Varanasi
· Coverage of Delhi, Rajasthan, Mumbai, Goa, Kerala, and Kolkata