Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Alaska is a trip of a lifetime. Nowhere else can travelers kayak to glaciers; fly over the highest peak in North America; wonder at the Aurora Borealis; stay out all night celebrating the midnight sun; visit quirly towns; spot bears, eagles, moose, and whales; and learn the true meaning of the word "remote"--all in the same trip. Fodor's Alaska makes it easy to create a perfect trip from start to finish.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and whats off the beaten path
· Major sights such as Denali National Park, Aurora Borealis and Kenai Fjords National Park
· Side Trips from Ketchikan, Anchorage, and Homer
· Coverage of Juneau; The Inside Passage and Southeast Alaska; Anchorage; The Kenai Peninsula and Southcentral Alaska; Denali National Park and Preserve; Fairbanks, The Yukon and the Interior; The Bush