- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2016
Dana Loesch believes in Christianity, patriotism, traditional marriage, and the right to bear arms, among other "quaint" ideas. For the elites in DC, Los Angeles, New York, and Silicon Valley, that makes her as bizarre as a three-headed dog.
Loesch is alarmed that America is fracturing into two countriesnot North and South, but Coastal and Flyover. Worse, the people in charge dont understand the first thing about how most of the country thinks and lives. Consider a few examples . . .
• In Flyover America, people believe criminals should be punished. Coastal America focuses on "rehabilitation."
• Flyovers think the Declaration of Independence was crystal clear: "All men are created equal." For Coastals, Black Lives Matterbut anyone who adds that all lives matter must be a racist.
• Coastals think they understand firearms because they watched a TV movie about Columbine. Fly- overs get a deer rifle for their thirteenth birthday.
• Coastals talk about blue-collar workers in the abstract. Flyovers have a relative who works the night shift in a granola bar factory, where the big perk is taking home a bag full of granola bars every Friday.
• Coastals think every problemfrom hurt feelings to the cost of birth controlrequires government intervention and huge federal spending. Flyovers know that money isnt magic fairy dust, and many problems can be solved only by individual character and hard work.
It would all be funnyif Coastals werent winning on most of todays big issues.
As Loesch writes, "Most of these pinkies-out, cocktail- drinking-appletini fans selfishly entertain grandiose plans of economic equality without realizing the negative impact their plans would have on the very people they pride themselves on helping. Thats the true class warfare."
Loesch shines the light of truth on everything from feminism to gun violence to abortion. She reveals the damage done by elitists who flat-out dont get the lives and values of people in the heart of the country. And she asks commonsense questions such as: How can you be angry at Walmart if youve never shopped in one? How can you hate the police if youve never needed help from a cop? How can you attack Christians if you dont have a single friend who goes to church?
In other words, how can you run a country youve never been to? And how much could our politics improve if Coastals would actually listen to their fellow Americans? This book is a rallying cry for anyone who wants our leaders to understand and respect the culture that made America exceptional in the first place.
From the Hardcover edition.
DANA LOESCH hosts The Dana Show: The Conservative Alternative, an award-winning, nationally syndicated daily radio show heard on stations across the country, as well as Dana on The Blaze television network. Her first book, Hands Off My Gun: Defeating the Plot to Disarm America, was a national bestseller and won raves from fans such as Michelle Malkin, Mark Levin, and Sean Hannity. Loesch is a former newspaper columnist and was an editor under Andrew Breitbart at BigJournalism.com. She cofounded the Tea Party movement in her home- town of St. Louis and speaks regularly to audiences around the country. She lives in Texas with her husband and two children.
From the Hardcover edition.
GLENN BECK, author of It IS About Islam
"Dana Loesch captures the arrogance of beltway elites toward Flyover Nation. Living in their own bubble, they havent the slightest clue how we think, what we value, and how we live. But theyll find out when they read this excellent book."
DAVID LIMBAUGH, author of The Emmaus Code
"Between the East and West Coast exists Gods country, ignored, abused, but 100 percent America. Flyover Nation beautifully details the struggle between these two Americas."
MARK R. LEVIN, author of Liberty and Tyranny
"Dana Loesch is an amazingly gifted writer. Every page of Flyover Nation crackles with life. Brilliant! And an absolute joy to read. From cover to cover, you will love this book."
BRAD THOR, author of Foreign Agent