- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2016
Boys will be boys... From how they learn and talk to how they interact with others, it's no secret that boys are wired very differently than girls. This empowering 112-page book is a roadmap that will give you the strength and confidence to raise an extraordinary son using practical advice and tools.
Today boys and young men face unique challenges and pressures that can be troubling to parents. With the internet and advances in technology and media, the pressure on mothers and fathers to raise their sons in godly ways can feel like a huge burden. Enjoy having practical tools, biblical advice, and decades of time-tested research and experience on raising your son from at your fingertips! Take the first step to a deeper understanding of parenting with Dr. Gregory Jantz's Five Keys to Raising Boys.
In this easy-to-understand guide, you will discover how to—
- Understand basic scientifically-researched differences between the way boys and girls think and behave
- Guide a boy's behavior based on the way God designed him
- Understand and nurture your son's emotions
- Talk to your son about puberty and sex
- and more!
3 Key Features of this Guide to Boys Development for Parents
Based on years of time-tested practice and decades of counseling parents, Dr. Gregory Jantz shares his five effective keys to raising boys in this 112-page guide.
1. Easy-to-Read Practical Advice on Parenting Boys
- Fun physical exercises and activities to meet your son's high-energy needs
- Getting your son's attention when he's zoned out (playing video games, reading, etc.)
- Includes a helpful chart for age-appropriate ways to talk about sex
Enjoy getting practical and relevant answers to common parenting questions about what it means to raise a boy in the ways of the Lord. Includes—
2. Covers the 5 Most Important Topics on Boys' Development
Enjoy having the major elements of raising boys into followers of Christ in one booklet! Includes—
- Understanding a Boy's Differences—Why boys talk, behave, learn, and develop differently than girls and how to embrace the differences
- Guiding a Boy's Behavior—Encourage your son to respond and behave in godly ways (includes ways to deal with character and failure using Bible stories, media, sports, and more!)
- Shielding a Boy's Heart—How to respond to and nurture your son's emotional development (includes the two emotional systems men and women use)
- Overseeing a Boy's Academics—Motivate and guide your son to be his best in school and extracurriculars
- Educating a Boy about Sex—Answers tough questions about how to give the talk, why puberty should be addressed, and when (age-appropriate responses for every age group)
3. Based on Solid Scientific Research and Biblical Advice
- How are boys' brains built differently than girls' brains?
- Why do boys have so much energy?
- Why doesn't my son listen to me when he's playing video games?
- and much more!
Boys have unique needs based on their development, so why should we raise all our children with a one-size-fits-all approach? Enjoy having solid parenting advice designed just for parents with boys! Based on neuroscience and wisdom from the Bible, discover Dr. Jantz's well-researched and time-tested approach to parenting young men. Imagine the confidence you'll have in being informed by the Bible and top-notch research as you nurture your sons spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually. Answers common questions such as—
Five Keys to Raising Boys
1. Understanding a Boy's Differences
Whether they're bouncing off the walls, sending soccer balls flying into the kitchen, or completely fixated in a video game, boys can be a handful to parent, and it's simply the way God made them! Draw from biblical advice, science, and time-tested research to understand why boys will be boys and how you can nurture and bring out the best in your son.
2. Guiding a Boy's Behavior
Encourage your son to respond and behave in godly ways when faced with temptations and tough choices. Includes fun and engaging ways to deal with character and failure using—
- Bible stories (includes engaging discussion questions)
- Media (books, video games, movies, TV, including how to find age-appropriate material)
- and more!
3. Shielding a Boy's Heart
As a boy's body changes, so does his moods and emotions. When your sweet, talkative, and cuddle-loving son starts turning into an independent young man, experience the peace of knowing that this is completely normal. Learn how to respond to and nurture your son's emotional development.
4. Ways to Help Your Son Succeed in School
Did you know of the two genders, boys receive the majority of Ds and Fs in school while also having the most discipline problems? A big gender gap in school performance has left boys behind in just about all of the statistics. Dr. Jantz provides practical steps to help you motivate and guide your son to be his best in school and extracurriculars. Includes—
- 3 ways to actively engage in your son's school (parent-teacher conferences, volunteering, etc.)
- Tips to help your son get organized in school plus Homework tips for active boys that need to move around
- and much more!
5. How to Talk to Your Son About Sex
How old should your son be when you give the talk? What words are OK to use? Is it better for mom or dad to give the talk? This helpful booklet answers these common questions and more. Dr. Jantz also provides helpful statistics, Scriptures, and talking points for any age when teaching your son about purity and sexuality. Enjoy having helpful advice on how to talk to your son about sex and sexuality in a non-awkward, non-shaming way, that empowers him with the challenge of responsibility. Includes—
- God's view of sex (as a divine gift, intended for marriage)
- A chart with age-appropriate ways to talk about sex for each age bracket
- What to expect during puberty
- and much more
Five Keys to Raising Boys is perfect for individual and group use. Great for counseling, parents groups, single moms groups, church giveaways, and more!