Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Effective help for those with depression, with the whole-person approach.
People are not one-dimensional and neither should be the help given to them. A whole-person is made up of five key aspects: emotional balance, intellectual integrity, relational support, physical healing, spiritual support. In Five Keys to Dealing with Depression Dr. Jantz makes it easy-to-understand to see how depression affects each area and how to get healthy with practical tips, valuable biblical insight, and shame-free help.
Number of Pages: 112
Vendor: Aspire Press
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 6.50 X 4.50 (inches)|
Series: Aspire Books
Tough Questions...Real Answers About DepressionSmith Freeman Publishing / 2017 / Trade Paperback$1.99 Retail:
$4.99Save 60% ($3.00)
Depression: Walking from Darkness into the Dawn [Hope For The Heart Series]Aspire Press / Trade Paperback$2.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$4.99Save 40% ($2.00)Availability: In StockStock No: WW366490
Loss of interest. Drastic changes in appetite. Deep sadness. Feeling constantly tired. Thoughts of death or suicide. The symptoms and signs of depression vary over a wide range and affect every part of our lives, so why shouldn't our treatment be just as complete? Five Keys to Depression focuses on the whole-person for whole healing with practical tips, valuable biblical insight, and shame-free help.
Effective Depression Help with the Whole-Person Approach
People are not one-dimensional and neither should be the help given to them. A whole-person is made up of five key aspects and this book makes it easy-to-understand to see how depression affects each area—and how to get healthy in each of these areas—
- Emotional Balance–Recognize, Promote, and Sustain Positive Emotions; Identify Negative and Positive Self-Talk; Learn to Choose Your Attitude and much more!
- Intellectual Integrity–Discover false truths and half-truths that can overwhelm us into a state of depression and break free.
- Relational Support–Follow the 5 steps to dealing with false perceptions and learn to change your self-talk and set healthy relational boundaries with other people.
- Physical Healing–Get practical tips and advice that covers—Medical and Health Conditions, Environmental Factors, and Self-Induced Substances. Also includes helpful tips on eating healthier, drinking enough water, exercise, nutritional support, and restful sleep that can dramatically improve your health.
- Spiritual Support–Dive into 6 biblical truths that get twisted in the midst of depression as well as 9 practical tips to help you take the first steps toward recovery!
Featuring helpful checklists and research in an easy-to-read format, Jantz's Five Keys to Dealing with Depression doesn't just manage symptoms. It equips you with the tools and God's truth to care for the whole person.
There are thousands of books on depression. But oftentimes they give very general recommendations that don't apply to everyone and ignore the spiritual aspects of a person.
"... I saw a one-size-fits-all answer given to depressed people. They were told they had nothing to be depressed about and to 'just get over it.'" —Dr. Gregory Jantz
Imagine having a book that pulls from Scripture and science that speaks to the whole person, showing them how to be restored emotionally, intellectually, relationally, physically, and spiritually.
Spot Signs of Depression and Find Whole Healing
How do I know if I'm depressed? Dr. Gregory Jantz gives you practical ways to recognize the signs of depression. Learn the characteristics of depression and what to do if you are suffering from depression. Full lists for warning signs of depression and signs of clinical depression are included in the book. Here are just a few—
- A loss of interest in established activities
- Feeling constantly exhausted
- Feelings of hopelessness or isolation
- Thoughts of suicide or death
- Deep sadness or anxiety (and more!)