- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Who was Jesus really? For centuries, the Christian church has taught that Jesus is the divine Son of God, crucified for sinners and raised from the dead. In recent years, however, that picture of Jesus has come under widely publicized attack from sources ranging from critical scholars to Internet pundits to popular historians and others. The new portraits of Jesus seem persuasive. You cant help but wonder
Did Christianity merely copy its beliefs from earlier mythology? Did the church suppress alternate gospels? Did Jesus never die on the cross or rise from the dead for sinners? Is the New Testament hopelessly riddled with errors? New York Times bestselling author Lee Strobel helps you separate truth from media hype, sound scholarship from bias, and fact from speculation. Digging below the surface, this book provides credible, informed answers to todays most pressing questions about Jesus.
Lee Strobel was the award-winning legal editor of The Chicago Tribune and is the bestselling author of The Case for Christ, The Case for Faith, The Case for a Creator, and The Case for Grace. With a journalism degree from the University of Missouri and a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale, Lee has won four Gold Medallions for publishing excellence and coauthored the Christian Book of the Year. He serves as Professor of Christian Thought at Houston Baptist University. Visit Lee's website at: leestrobel.com
living in faithCornwall, Ont. CanadaAge: Over 65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5fills a needJuly 26, 2013living in faithCornwall, Ont. CanadaAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5will serve as a good tool to win souls to the Truth of The Bible
LorraineNBAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Easy To UnderstandJuly 26, 2013LorraineNBAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5A great and easy read for all Christians and a great idea to have a few on hand to give to friends and family who perhaps aren't serving the Lord. Strobel kept right on topic.
CuriousLeeColumbia Falls, MAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5This product exceeded my expections.May 2, 2011CuriousLeeColumbia Falls, MAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5As a believer,witnessing at times was difficult, embarrassing, and frustrating. Although I knew and understood the Gospels, I couldn't give a compelling answer to those 'tough' questions from nonbelievers. My faith knows what I believe is true, yet my knowledge was thin in responding to those more challenging queries of others.
Several months ago, I had come across Lee Strobel and 2 of his works regarding Jesus: (Netflix)
His "Case for Christ" was, for me, an invaluable tool for witnessing to others. His search for the truth, his findings and how Lee tied all together, left me more educated with a renewed committment for witnessing.
Just when I thought it couldn't get better, Lee Strobel's investigation "Finding the Real Jesus" is absolutely the most exciting work I've read so far. (christianbook.com/ebook) I've always wondered what the controversy was regarding "The Gospel of Thomas" (included in the Catholic Bible) and why it isn't included in our Christian Bible. Once again, Lee's in-depth search for answers and truth; his ability to bring-it-on-home; most importantly, to report his findings with such clarity, has broadened this Christians knowledge base. I consider his works very contemporary without sacrificing the integrity of The Word of God. A valuable tool for evangelism and, most definitely, a source for Christians everywhere to understand What and Why We Believe.
Personally, for this Christian, a Faith Enhancer.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR MINISTRY, LEE STROBEL!
Grateful and Blessed
Leona M. Edwards
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Evangelism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral