Finally Alive! - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
What does it mean to be "born again?" Many Christians aren't even sure what it means, and those outside the church often equate it with judgement and hypocritical behavior. In Finally Alive, John Piper argues that this term has lost it's true meaning. To that end, he takes you back to what the New Testament says about being born again, and shows you how powerful, transforming and radical new birth in Christ really is.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Focus
Publication Date: 2009
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
WickEvansville, IndianaAge: 35-44Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Are You Born Again?February 18, 2018WickEvansville, IndianaAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I did not plan on reading this book until Tim Challies, my favorite Christian blogger, listed it as one of his top nine books of 09 and said it was possibly his favorite book by Pastor Piper. This 200 pager is divided into fifteen chapters which are organized into five sections:
I. What is the new birth?
II. Why must we be born again?
III. How does the new birth come about?
IV. What are the effects of the new birth?
V. How can we help others be born again?
Although Finally Alive is not one of my favorite Piper books, it is a great book covering a topic that we all need to understand. There are many people calling themselves Christians who have not experienced a spiritual transformation. For many years I was one of these unregenerated cultural Christians who simply wanted a ticket into Heaven. True Christians are born again and do not exalt the world and the things of the world above the gospel of Christ. Our problems and the problems of this world are a heart problem. Jesus is the only way to fix this problem and the solution is to be born again. If you want to make sure you understand what it means to be awakened to new birth, I highly recommend this simple to read but deep book.
Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3
Alicia Tirrell5 Stars Out Of 5April 15, 2010Alicia TirrellThis book is an amazing read. I have enjoyed every chapter, and studying the Scripture along with the text. It's challenging and seems to always call me to "test myself to see that I am in the faith." Again, another wonderful book from John Piper !!
Matt S5 Stars Out Of 5November 7, 2009Matt SI can't say enough good things about this book. It details biblically what being born again really is, how it happens and why God gets all the glory. This is much less a novel or a narrative than it is a long expository sermon. Piper basically takes you verse by verse and explains the new birth piece by piece and step by step. He also exposes biblically false convesion. Finally, after finishing with that...Piper shares the ministry we have and our duty to share with others "the good news that was preached to you," so we can be used by God in order that dead people would be finally alive.
Min. Harry AllenBirmingham, Al.Age: 35-44Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5August 3, 2009Min. Harry AllenBirmingham, Al.Age: 35-44Gender: maleGreat Book I think all young&older christians should read this. Why because it explain truly how regeneration(being saved)work and what roll the individual play in being saved and if the person were to get off track the book explain how to get back in line with the LORD. Finally Alive Great Book!!!!!
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Introduction to Christianity
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Evangelical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Introduction to Christianity
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality