Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: In Six Days: Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation - eBook|
By: Edited by John F. Ashton, Ph.D.
Format: DRM Free ePub
Vendor: Master Books
|Publication Date: 2001|
Stock No: WW19797EB
Why would any educated scientist with a PhD advocate a literal interpretation of the six days of creation? Why, indeed, when only one in three Americans believes "the Bible is the actual word of God and is to be taken literally, word for word" according to a recent Gallup poll.
Science can neither prove nor disprove evolution any more than it can creation. Certainly there are no human eyewitness accounts of either. However, certain factors are present today which are capable of swaying one's beliefs one way or the other.
In this book are the testimonies of fifty men and women holding doctorates in a wide range of scientific fields who have been convicted by the evidence to believe in a literal six-day creation. For example, meet:
- The geneticist who concludes that there must have been 150 billion forerunners of "modern man" in order for the natural selection required by evolution to have taken place in the development of man. The evidence for such vast numbers of "prehistoric man" is in dire shortage.
- The orthodontist who discovered that European museum fossils of ancient man have been tampered with to adhere to evolution theories.
- The geologist who studied under the late Stephen Jay Gould and literally cut the Bible to pieces before totally rejecting evolution.
All fifty of these scientists, through faith and scientific fact, have come to the conclusion that God's Word is true and everything had its origin not so very long ago, in the beginning, In Six Days.
Dr. John F. Ashton is Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Sciences at Victoria University, Melbourne, and Adjunct Professor of Applied Sciences at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University, the largest Australian tertiary institution. He holds a BSc (Honors) with prize in chemistry and PhD in epistemology (a branch of philosophy dealing with the limits of knowledge), also with prize, from the University of Newcastle and an MSc in chemistry from the University of Tasmania.
Dr. Ashton is a Chartered Fellow of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute, and a former Honorary Associate in the School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences at the University of Sydney. He also served as editor of three books related to science and faith issues, including the much-cited In Six Days: Why 50 Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Origins of Man/Life >> Creation Science
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Scientific
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Scientific