Email me when this product is available.
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2017
Love is easy to give when you are getting it back. Are we still called to Gods plan of how to love when we are getting none in return? Shauna Shankss brave journey through obedience reveals the outcome of when we dare to follow Gods ludicrous outline for love as described in 1 Corinthians 13.
Wrecked with news of her husbands affair and his request for a divorce, Shauna finds herself urgently faced with a decision. Does she give up and divorce her husband and move on, or does she try to fight for her marriage? The former choice seems to contradict Gods plan for how to love, such as "love never gives up," "love is patient," and "love is kind."
Taking God at His word and assuming the love chapter was really meant to be followed literally word by word, she not only finds herself falling in love with her spouse again, but also falling in love with Jesus, which changes everything.
First Corinthians 13 presents an audacious, illogical, and irrational context of how to love, meant to be applied to every marital context not just the fairytale marriage. If Gods instructions seem illogical and audacious, you might just expect the same kind of results in return!
This book is not air-brushed. It was written in the midst of the authors deepest trauma, and she purposefully did not edit out her mistakes and failures during that season. This book will resonate with women who do not feel like the picture-perfect Christian woman with the fairytale life and marriage. A Fierce Love is the story of a train wreck and reaching out to God not in the calm but in the chaos and finding hope for the future.
Shauna Shanks is a wife, mother, and entrepreneur. She started Smallfolk, a health food café, out of her passion for health and fitness. She graduated from Christ for the Nations Institute in Dallas, Texas, with a focus on world missions. Shauna and her husband, Micah, who is a police officer, have been married for more than a decade, and they live with their three boys on an Ohio farm. www.shaunashanks.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Conflict in Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Conflict in Marriage
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce
- Pre-Order >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Pre-Order >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family
- Pre-Order >> Download