- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
One of the sad factors of church life is that many pastors are lonely.Although some pride themselves on their independence, many longfor accountable relationships. In particular, their heart cry is for afathering style of relationship, where they can be cared for pastorally,as well as mentored in the development of gifts and practical skills fortheir ministry.
Sadly there are few 'fathers' in ministry. But in the New Testament,one of the ways in which an apostle served churches was as a fatheror older brother. Giving wise counsel with relationship, the apostlescarried a sense of responsibility in prayer and care for the churchesthat they had planted. It is in this 'fathering' context, that David Devenishcontends that the role of the apostle needs to be restored. Thisgroundbreaking book will help equip emerging apostles and encouragethem to develop their gift in planting churches, reaching previouslyunreached people groups and transforming culture in cities andnations, whilst still maintaining the biblical emphasis on family relationships,particularly the continuing need for fathers.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Authentic Media
Publication Date: 2011
Find Related Products▼▲
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development