- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
A few pre-reading activities are included to gauge a student's familiarity with the context of the novel. Once the student has began reading the novel, vocabulary activities, graphic organizers, review and comprehension questions, quizzes, a final test, puzzles, project and essay ideas, and a line-listed answer key are included. Exercises help students focus on literary and character analysis, as well as critical thinking and comprehension skills. Student questions reference the edition quoted in the front cover [Collier Books paperback (Scribner Classic) copyright 1929 by Charles Scribners Sons, copyright 1957 Ernest Hemingway]. 40 reproducible for classroom use pages, softcover. Answers included. Grades 9-12.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Ernest Hemingway famously said that he rewrote the ending to A Farewell to Arms thirty-nine times to get the words right. This edition collects all of the alternative endings together for the first time, along with early drafts of other essential passages, offering new insight into Hemingway’s craft and creative process and the evolution of one of the greatest novels of the twentieth century. Featuring Hemingway’s own 1948 introduction to an illustrated reissue of the novel, a personal foreword by the author’s son Patrick Hemingway, and a new introduction by the author’s grandson Seán Hemingway, this edition of A Farewell to Arms is truly a celebration.
“A Farewell to Arms” stands, more than 80 years after its first appearance, as a towering ornament of American literature."
"This special edition of [Hemingway's] classic World War I novel, first published in 1929, contains several features that illuminate how Hemingway constructed his timeless tale of love and war."
"A Farewell to Arms is a gem....To see Hemingway go from bold pronouncements and overwriting to his signature stripped-down style isn't just instructive, it's practically intrusive (but fun!)"
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction >> American
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Literature >> American
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool
- Download >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download