- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
For years, best-selling author and speaker Shannon Ethridge has counseled women and men on the complexities of marriage and sexuality. During that time she's noticed that most people either fall into one of two camps when it comes to sexual fantasies. They either beat themselves up for every sexual thought they have, heaping guilt and shame upon themselves, or they have gone to the other extreme, following their thoughts and acting out on their desires to unfortunate consequences. Ethridge believes a balance can be found between these two extremes.
In The Fantasy Fallacy, she takes a closer look at the role of sexual fantasy in our hearts and minds, to show what can be learned from these powerful thoughts. Rather than running from them, or ignoring them, there is truth to be found about ourselves and our relationships hiding under the surface. By discovering the meaning behind the lie that your fantasies present, you can face your fears, heal your heart from past wounds, and find spiritual and physical freedom. eBook Version.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2012
Our fantasies, however, are not reliable guides into the futurethey are actually rocky road maps from our past. Best-selling author Shannon Ethridge theorizes, Fantasies are simply the brains way of trying to heal itself from unresolved tragedies and traumas. We mentally compartmentalize our pain to make room for pleasure.
Fantasies have deep psychological roots, and if acted on many of them can do deep psychological damage. Rather than let fantasies rule us, lets take out the sting and bring them under Gods rule, allowing the Lord to heal us from the brokenness and insecurities that cause inappropriate fantasies to haunt us.
Without being judgmental or condemning, Shannon helps us dissect several common and often-disturbing topics, such as:
a distorted fascination with pornography
the mental pursuit of multiple partners
the lure of gay and lesbian desires
bondage, domination, and sadomasochism (BDSM)
With tips for controlling unwanted fantasies and resources for providing a safe haven for recovery, The Fantasy Fallacy helps us recognize and heal our emotional pain and equips us to help others do the same.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Media >> Literature
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Sexual Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Conflict in Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships >> Sexual Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Conflict in Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Media
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Sexual Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships