* Offer Hope and encouragement for teens who are struggling to understand how they fit in! Using spiritual narratives and scriptural characters, Gallagher examines human relationships, including Adam and Eve's bad parenting, prodigal children and life among siblings, Jacob and David's dating advice, and more. Discover how to overcome feelings of inadequacy and find your self-worth in God. 144 pages, softcover from Morehouse.
The author blends spiritual narratives and biblical stories with behavioral theory to explain
modern family life and its unique contributions to faith formation. This book offers hope and
encouragement for people who have thought that God could not possibly bless them in their
peculiar relationships or families.
Using archetypes and behavior development frameworks while interpreting and retelling biblical
stories, the book features both personal and traditional stories of faith, complemented by the
contemporary insights of cognitive scientists, including Gardner, Eisner and others.
1. Naked and Confused Bad Parenting 101 Beginning with Adam and Eve, the process of
growing realistic relationships.
2. Children in Conflict We Barely Left the Garden Life among siblings and the challenges to
be faithful in the back seat of the family car.
3. Inheritance and Tradition Eating with Pigs Again The usurper, worthy heir, prodigal child
and non-prodigal child in all of us.
4. Marriage and Fidelity Finding Love in all the Wrong Places Jacob, David and a host of
characters help us to understand what not to do in relationships.
5. Aging Gracefully Only Martyrs Still Look Marvelous Biblical characters share the wisdom
of aging and challenges of being ignored and silenced.
6. Embracing the Child of God Time to Run with Scissors Gods desire for us to embrace
our unique creation and individual gifts.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.