Come to the Family Table: Slowing Down to Enjoy Food, Each Other, and Jesus - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2016
No more rushing to the table for a quick bite so we can get back to our other activities. Prioritizing mealtime slows us down long enough to enjoy our food, each other, and Jesus. Inspired by the slow food movement, Come to the Family Table seeks to encourage families with intentional strategies to engage one another and create the table as a space for practical ministry to their community.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Kendra4 Stars Out Of 5Better for families with older childrenAugust 30, 2016KendraQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 3"Come to the Family Table provides your family with intentional strategies to engage one another relationally as you walk with Christ. The Cunninghams will help you prioritize mealtime with reflections and practical advice, family devotions, recipes, and game ideas. It's time to craft a vibrant experience around your family table." (cover)
This book is divided into two parts--the table is for us, and the table is for others. It was easy to read and had some helpful tips and points to consider as we work to make the most of our family mealtimes. Most of this book seemed geared toward families with older children, especially the devotions and games. I have three preschoolers and I don't think any of those would work well for them. The chapter that stood out most to me was entitled "The Family Constitution." My husband and I hope to develop something like this for our family, and the Cunninghams included a copy of their family's constitution, which was helpful as an example.
I love to cook and eat, have great memories of family bonding around the table as a child, enjoy hosting people in my home, and am always interested in ways to teach and engage my children in life-giving ways, so this book definitely caught my eye. It didn't end up being what I'd hoped for or expected, again maybe because of the stage of life we're in with small children. I think it would be most helpful to the family who is not accustomed to eating meals together around a table or to hosting others in their home.
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my review.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Activities & Traditions >> Family Time
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Activities & Traditions >> Holidays & Special Occasions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Activities & Traditions >> Family Time
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Activities & Traditions >> Holidays & Special Occasions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Activities & Traditions >> Family Time
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Activities & Traditions >> Holidays & Special Occasions
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting