- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Buy in Bulk
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Does it seem that everybody in your household wants a piece of you and there's nothing left to give? Do you wish things were different? Dr. Leman says wishes can come true! Helping you build a family grounded in unconditional love, he shows how to communicate honestly, prioritize, encourage positive behaviors, make time together count, and build unity as a family. eBook Version.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2014
Be the Dad She Needs You to Be: The Indelible Imprint a Father Leaves on His Daughter's Life - eBookDr. Kevin LemanThomas Nelson / 2014 / ePub$4.994.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
Parenting Your Powerful Child: Bringing an End to the Everyday Battles - eBookDr. Kevin LemanRevell / 2013 / ePub$8.89 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$13.99Save 36% ($5.10)
What Your Childhood Memories Say about You . . . and What You Can Do about It - eBookDr. Kevin LemanTyndale House / 2012 / ePub$8.82 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$14.99Save 41% ($6.17)
Way of the Wise, The: Simple Truths for Living Well - eBookDr. Kevin LemanRevell / 2013 / ePub$6.89 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$10.00Save 31% ($3.11)
Parenting expert Dr. Kevin Leman says it is, and he's ready to show moms and dads exactly how they can make it happen in their family--in just five days. He shows families how to
· communicate honestly and kindly
· prioritize the right things
· maintain great attitudes and behaviors
· determine the role they play in the family structure
· make family time count
As always, Dr. Leman's outstanding advice is laced with humor, great stories, and the wisdom that comes only from a lifetime of experience.
For parents who've had it up to here with bickering, hurt feelings, and emotional exhaustion, Have a Happy Family by Friday is just what the doctor ordered.
Top 10 Countdown to Having a Happy Family by Friday▼▲
10. Spend your time on what's important. All else can wait.
9. Put relationships before things.
8. Focus on and encourage what your kids do right rather than eagle-eyeing what they do wrong.
7. Choose your priorities wisely, with the long term in mind.
6. Be the first to laugh at yourself and create fun.
5. Expect the best and you'll get the best.
4. Don't outsource your children. The best gift you can give - yourself - doesn't cost a dime.
3. Keep your calm even during a crisis.
2. Don't hold grudges. Wipe the slate clean at the end of each day.
1. Remember that the words you choose to use with your loved ones will change their lives.
From the Publisher▼▲
If you've thought of selling two of your children and arranging a long-term loan of the third and an exciting evening with your spouse is no yelling in the background and no trips to the ER, then Have a Happy Family by Friday is just what the doctor ordered. Dr Kevin Leman, beloved international psychologist, parenting and relationship expert, provides the prescription for a 5-day action plan that really works to change your home from the stressful one it can be to a happy, emotionally healthy one that benefits every family member. What Dr. Leman did for parents in his New York Times' bestselling Have a New Kid by Friday, he does for the entire family in Have a Happy Family by Friday.
Using his trademark humor and commonsense psychology, Dr. Leman deals with the issues that can turn a home into a combat zone. He gives parents the tools to: communicate effectively in ways family members will listen; juggle the "Big 5" (time, priorities, activities, work, finances); navigate the perfect storm of toddlers, teenagers, and all ages in-between; tweak their roles at home; and make time together for lasting connections. Want a home that's filled with kindness, cooperation, love, and laughter? You can have it! With Dr. Leman's time-tested principles, you can have a family that learns together, plays together, and, even more, likes each other.
Whether you're married or single, you have it in your power to change your family's world. And it all starts with a simple principle: "Your kids don't care what you know until they know you care." Every member plays a vital part in the development and well-being of the family unit. All need to contribute in their own unique ways and be treated with love and respect. Is this kind of family life even possible? You bet! Join the millions of families who have already benefited from Dr. Leman's principles and reap the kind of rewards that last a lifetime.
Elaine4 Stars Out Of 5Geared for families with ChildrenMarch 2, 2017ElaineQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 3I was expecting more precise information for spouses. This book is written well and designed for families with children. Fundamentals about communication within the family unit. I grazed over elements involving children and advice regarding communication with children. would recommend for families with multiple children and blended families!
Olga5 Stars Out Of 5Excelent ResourceJune 23, 2016OlgaQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0I love love love this book. It had so many suggestions. It is hard work, but so work it. I will be re-reading this book yearly just to make sure we don't stray and be on track to a happier healthier family.
Jodie GrevenAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5great helpMay 17, 2016Jodie GrevenAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0This was a great resource that gave practical ways to improve our family life- it did take longer than 5 days to implement.
The book also gaveboth parents and children things to change to improve the function and feel of home.
Mima5 Stars Out Of 5Have a Happy Family by FridayApril 19, 2016MimaQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0Bought these books to give out to young moms.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Activities & Traditions >> Family Time
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Communication
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Families
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Family Health
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Activities & Traditions >> Family Time
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Communication
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family Health
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Activities & Traditions >> Family Time
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting