- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2007
The cliché is that those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them. But Thabiti Anyabwile contends that it is not the mistakes we must study; it is the people who have overcome them. So he presents three of the most influential African-American pastors in American history who can teach us what faithful ministry entails.
Lemuel Haynes (1753-1833) reminds pastors that eternity must shape our ministry. Daniel A. Payne (1811-1893) stresses the importance of character and preparation to faithful shepherding. And Francis J. Grimké (1850-1937) provides a vision for engaging the world with the gospel. While they are from the African-American tradition, they, like all true saints, belong to all Christians of every background and era. Distinctive for its use of rare and out-of-print messages, Anaybwile's work is valuable as a reference as well as a devotional resource.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Preaching >> Collected Sermons
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- eBooks >> Biography
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Collected Sermons