Faith & Foster Care: How We Impact God's Kingdom - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: New Hope Publishers
Publication Date: 2016
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
JanetBelton, TXAge: 45-54Gender: Female4 Stars Out Of 5Enlightening and HelpfulApril 9, 2016JanetBelton, TXAge: 45-54Gender: FemaleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4If you are thinking about becoming a foster parent, John DeGarmo's new book, "Faith and Foster Care," will give you a comprehensive and honest look at what you may be getting yourself into. It will also tell you why it's worth the effort if this is something God has called you to. As DeGarmo says, foster parenting isn't for everyone. But it is an essential ministry. DeGarmo tells his readers why, what the Bible has to say about caring for children in need, and how to go beyond ministry to the children in order to care for their parents as well. He also gives readers comprehensive lists of things to pray for and about and suggests alternate forms of support ministry for those who don't feel called to become foster parents yet still want to help.
DeGarmo and his wife have been foster parents for many years and have adopted three children from foster care. More than 45 children have spent time in their home, some for just a few days, others for years. DeGarmo shows how every little bit of influence can help to make a permanent difference in a child's life. He closes the book with the testimonies of several foster care "alumni," relevant Scripture references, and a list of resources for anyone wanting to get involved.
I found the information in this book enlightening and helpful, especially as my husband and I prepare to adopt from foster care. I recommend this book!
I received a complimentary eCopy from NetGalley in exchange for this honest review.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Adoption & Stepparenting
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Culture & Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Families
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Adoption & Stepparenting
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Culture & Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting