- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2012
Robert C. Dykstra is Charlotte W. Newcombe Professor of Pastoral Theology at Princeton Theological Seminary and the author of several books, including Images of Pastoral Care and Counseling Troubled Youth.
Allan Hugh Cole Jr. is Academic Dean and Professor of Pastoral Care at Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. He is the author of several books, including The Life of Prayer: Mind, Body, and Soul and Good Mourning: Getting through Your Grief.
Donald Capps is Professor Emeritus of Pastoral Theology at Princeton Theological Seminary. He has written many books, including The Decades of Life and Jesus the Village Psychiatrist.
"While The Faith and Friendships of Teenage Boys is written by authors who teach in Protestant seminaries, I see the book as written for both a Christian and broader audience. It draws from scripture very well, but also includes powerful information from psychology and other human sciences. I learned a lot from this book." Michael Gurian, author of The Wonder of Boys and coauthor of Following Jesus: A Heroic Quest for Boys
"Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, David and Jonathan, and Damon and Pythias are all paradigmatic of the deep bond of friendship between adolescent males. Dykstra, Cole, and Capps explore the role of companionship along the adolescent male's journey toward faith, addressing the value of both same-age friendships and of mentoring by more mature males." Philip Culbertson, The University of Auckland; author of The New Adam: The Future of Male Spirituality
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Religion & Society
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Youth Leader Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Religion & Society
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Culture
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Religion & Society
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry