- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Widely used in seminaries and a leading resource in application of family systems theory to church congregations, Edwin Friedman's bestselling A Failure of Nerve continues to offer indispensible leadership insights for all leaders—be they parents or presidents, corporate executives or educators, religious superiors or coaches, healers or generals, managers or clergy.
Friedman was the first to inform readers that, like every family, all organizations have personalities, and that the insights of family therapy can be applied to churches and synagogues, rectors and rabbis, politicians and teachers. Suspicious of the "quick fixes" and instant solutions that sweep through our culture only to give way to the next fad, he argued for strength and self-differentiation as the marks of true leadership. His formula for success is more maturity, not more data; stamina, not technique; and personal responsibility, not empathy.
This revised 10th anniversary edition of Friedman's bestseller cleans up some oversights in the original and brings his life-changing insights and challenges to a new generation of readers.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Church Publishing Inc.
Publication Date: 2017
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership