- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
Series: Facts On
John Ankerberg, John Weldon, and Dillon Burroughs team up to revise and update The Facts on Jehovah's Witnesses,
part of the popular Facts On Series (more than 1.9 million copies of books from this series sold). Known for their extensive research and Bible knowledge,
these authors offer readers the essential facts they need to evaluate and discuss today's issues regarding the Jehovah's Witnesses, a
religious organization, and the Watchtower Society. The concise, easy-to-follow information helps readers answer such questions as:
- What is the Watchtower Society and what power does it hold?
- Is the Watchtower Society's translation of the Bible accurate?
- Is the Society's teaching on salvation biblical?
Whether the reader is merely curious or searching for specific information, The Facts on Jehovah's Witnesses will
give them what they are looking for-easy-to-understand, factual, and relevant information about this group.
The book reveals that the Watchtower Society has incorrectly predicted Armageddon and has used its own biases to interpret Scripture. The authors present their case by asking questions about certain aspects of the faith and then answering those questions accordingly. All three authors have impressive educational backgrounds and two of the three authors have written previous books. The book strongly disputes the Watchtower Societys claim that divine guidance comes only through the Watchtower Society. The authors present cases where this so-called divine guidance was flawed and manipulative. The authors remind their readers that God gives wisdom to anyone who asks, not only to a chosen few (James 1:5).
The book accurately reveals the flaws in the Watchtower Societys past actions. Unfortunately, the books tone is very judgmental and unforgiving. The authors make their case in hopes that Jehovahs Witnesses will see the downfalls of their religion. I would suggest this book to anyone who is interested in joining this particular faith or to someone who has been a member of this church for some time. Tamara Peachy, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Cults Occult & Spiritual Warfare >> Cults >> Jehovah's Witnesses
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living