Idol Lies: Facing the Truth About Our Deepest Desires - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Worthy Publishing
Publication Date: 2012
Deep down, every woman longs for security, happiness, and love. Yet most women settle for weak substitutes like control, materialism, sex, and food. In Idol Lies, popular Bible teacher Dee Brestin explores the hidden idols that destroy a womans heart. Using biblical examples as well as her own personal experiences and those of other women, she helps readers move past their cravings to understandand receivewhat theyre really hungering for: an intimate, secure, life-changing intimacy with the True Lover of a womans soul. When Jesus is actively and practically fulfilling a womans deepest needs day after day, hour by hour, not only does freedom await, but the gifts of sex, acceptance, material things, and ambition become good gifts rather than dream destroyers.
Dee Brestin is a writer, speaker, and teacher. Her book The Friendships of Women has sold over a million copies and was recently released in a 20th Anniversary Edition. Falling in Love with Jesus has sold over 400,000 copies. Dee has written twenty Bible studies, the first of which, Proverbs and Parables, has been in print for over thirty years. She is a frequent guest on Moody Radio (Mid-day Connection) and Focus on the Family; she also speaks to many large women's conferences yearly. A graduate of Northwestern University, Dee has studied with Covenant Seminary. She is the mother of five grown children and lives in Wisconsin and Missouri.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues