Add To Cart
Add To Cart
BROWSE for Homeschooling & Learning
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
Math and extreme sports have a lot in common. Those who venture into extreme sports seek the outer limits of their potential. Math, too, is a daring pursuit of the unknown. In this book you'll discover how mathematical principles are applied in different situations in the world of extreme sports, while you learn about people like E.J. Jackson, Freestyle kayakers World Champion; James Cole of Red Lodge, MT, National High School Saddle Bronc Riding Champion; and many more.
In each lesson you'll learn how every extreme sport uses math:
- Freestyle Kayaker: following directions; averaging two numbers.
- Skydiver: reading tables; converting miles to feet, hours to seconds; multistep problem solving; large number division; Cross-multiplying fractions; negative numbers and temperatures.
- Bronco Rider: multiplication of decimals; rounding, multistep problem solving; finding a pattern.
- Adventure Racer: reading a topographic map; measurement and scale, multiplying by decimals; dividing by decimals; adding fractions/rounding.
- Freestyle Kayaker: changing meters to feet; multiplying/dividing by decimals.
- Hang Glider: using and comparing rates; making a chart and graph; division; rounding; finding, using information; extraneous information.
- Polar Bear Swimmers: finding volume in cubic inches; dividing by decimals; too much information; rounding decimals.
- Scuba Divers: converting hours to minutes and back again; multiplying and dividing fractions; converting improper fractions to mixed numbers; finding a pattern.
- Mountain Climber: multistep problem solving; finding rate using division; finding percentages; conversions, approximate; large number division.
Number of Pages: 76
Publication Date: 2004
|Dimensions: 11 X 8.5 (inches)|
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲