Add To Cart
Providing access to the subtle nuances and layers of meaning behind the original Greek and Hebrew Scriptures, Renn's superb KJV-based tool is thoroughly accessible to contemporary teachers, lay leaders, and students. Comprehensive and thoroughly up-to-date, it provides a fascinating look at the themes and theological concepts that connect the Old and New Testaments.
- The Expository Dictionary examines over 7,260 Greek and Hebrew words - all alphabetically arranged under the English translation and coded to Strong's revised numbering system for ease of use.
- Each article is divided into two sections - Old Testament (Hebrew) Words and New Testament (Greek) Words - with an entry for the original word along with its transliteration, translation, range of meaning(s), and clear explanations of its use in different biblical contexts.
- "Additional Notes" make invaluable connections between Old and New Testament words, themes, and theological concepts.
- The comprehensive cross-reference system thoroughly links related words and discussions.
- This completely new work with its well-designed pages is easy to navigate.
|Title: Expository Dictionary of Bible Words|
By: Stephen D. Renn, ed.
Number of Pages: 1171
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2012
|Dimensions: 9.50 X 7.25 X 2.0 (inches)|
Weight: 3 pounds 3 ounces
Stock No: WW565737
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, Updated Edition KJVHendrickson Publishers / 2009 / Hardcover$12.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 164 Reviews
$29.95Save 57% ($16.96)
The Interlinear Hebrew-Greek-English Bible, One-Volume EditionJay P. GreenHendrickson Publishers / Hardcover$29.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 321 Reviews
$79.95Save 62% ($49.96)
The Ark of the Covenant in Its Egyptian Context: An Illustrated JourneyDavid A. FalkHendrickson Publishing Group / 2020 / Hardcover$23.99 Retail:
$39.95Save 40% ($15.96)
Everyone who studies the Bible wishes at some point that he or she knew the original Hebrew or Greek in order to better understand a difficult word or passage. TheExpository Dictionary of Bible Words gives readers the fruits of a working knowledge Hebrew and Greek without the years of language study.
The Expository Dictionary of Bible Words is more than just a handy and thorough alphabetical guide to the English translation of the Hebrew and Greek words used in both Testaments. There are thousands of articles, all arranged alphabetically by English word and coded to Strong's numbering system for ease of use. Each article is divided into two sections -- Old Testament (Hebrew) Words and New Testament (Greek) Words -- with an entry for the Hebrew or Greek word along with its transliteration, translation, range of meaning(s), and comments on its use in different biblical contexts. A comprehensive system of cross-references aids the reader in finding different words as well as discussions of related words and themes.
Although reference works like Vine's and Englishman's have long aided Christians in understanding the nuances of different biblical words, the Expository Dictionary of Bible Words surpasses all available reference works. The "Additional Notes" to articles throughout the volume provide valuable and insightful information on the connections between Old and New Testament words and themes.
Ask a Question▼▲
Q: Does this have a CD? The first printing came with an interactive CD version does this one have it also?
No, this work no longer includes a CD version.