Add To Cart
Exploring the Old Testament: A Guide to the Psalms & Wisdom Literature
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
|Title: Exploring the Old Testament: A Guide to the Psalms & Wisdom Literature|
By: Ernest C. Lucas
Number of Pages: 224
Vendor: IVP Academic
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 10.00 X 7.00 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 1 ounce
Stock No: WW853114
Israel's poets and sages left a scriptural legacy that has powerfully shaped the worship, thoughts and actions of the people of God. In the highs and lows and crossroads of life, we instinctively turn to their poetry, proverbs and discourses for the language we do not possess and the wisdom we desperately seek. Yet there is more to this literature than meets the eye--or fills the momentary need. A study of the Bible's wisdom and poetry will dramatically enhance its power and effectiveness. From the depths of lament to the heights of praise, from the eroticism of the Song of Songs to the hard realism of Ecclesiastes, and from the aphorisms of Proverbs to the discourses of Job, this guide introduces readers to the ancient background, the literary artistry, and the varied and timeless messages of the Psalms and Wisdom literature. Ernest C. Lucas gives us an informed, illuminating and interactive introduction to this portion of Scripture. Sparkling with interest and geared to the needs of students, this is an excellent textbook introduction to the Psalms and Wisdom literature.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> Genre Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> OT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Poetic/Wisdom Literature
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Genre Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> OT Introductions
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.