Add To Cart
Designed to be a student's first systematic introduction to the sciences, Apologia's 7th-grade Exploring Creation with General Science, 3rd Ed. explores broad topics such as the scientific method, designing experiments, simple machines, geology, archaeology, biology, and more, with a large focus on Earth Science (astronomy, meteorology, oceanography, earth study, geology, paleontology, and environmental science). Hands-on experiments are included throughout, giving students practical experience as they discover the principles behind science and learn how to record and report data. Presented in a conversational format, the author walks students through how to complete experiments, how to identify important parts of information they read, and how to take notes. The final module is a project of creating a Rube-Goldberg machine, incorporating many of the scientific principles they learned throughout the year. Students will learn to see God's hand in all of life as they learn about the world He made; they will also read testimonies from modern-day scientists who interpret data through a Christian worldview. Following the lesson plan, students will complete the course in 33 weeks with lessons assigned 4 days per week.
The Student Notebook will help organize your student's work and keep them on track while also serving as an interactive study guide. Features include:
- A Daily Lesson Plan covering the full year; this breaks down the text, notebook pages, and tests into weekly and daily blocks
- A day-by-day breakdown of what needs to be done
- Note-taking pages that feature prompts
- On Your Own questions & room to write in answers
- Graphic organizer activities
- Room to write in vocabulary definitions
- Space to record their results from the many hands-on activities
- "Creation Connection" pages where students record their intellectual, emotional, and spiritual reactions to what they are learning
- Lab Report Pages for the experiments in each module plus the final project
- End-module study guides
The solutions manual contains answers to the questions in the "study guide" module-end section in the textbook and the tests, as well as a copy of the student tests. The test packet includes 13 tests for one student with a variety of matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and short answer questions.
This kit includes:
- Exploring Creation with General Science 3rd Edition Textbook, 430 pages, hardcover.
- Exploring Creation with General Science 3rd Edition Student Notebook, 551 pages, softcover, spiralbound. Consumable and non-reproducible.
- Exploring Creation with General Science 3rd Edition Solutions Manual, 83 pages, paperback.
- Exploring Creation with General Science 3rd Edition Test packet, perforated pages, non-reproducible, booklet.
Grade 7. Junior High.
This Product Contains The Following Items▼▲
|Exploring Creation with General Science Textbook (3rd Edition)|
|Exploring Creation with General Science Solutions & Test Book (3rd Edition)||Available|
|Exploring Creation with General Science Student Notebook (3rd Edition)||Available|
Exploring Creation with General Science Course, 3 Volumes (3rd Edition)
By: Sherri Seligson
Vendor: Apologia Educational Ministries
|Publication Date: 2019|
Weight: 7 pounds 2 ounces
Stock No: WW239409
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.