Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Spring Super Sale
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Although technical support is not provided for Mac and Linux, this course can be run on Mac OSX and higher, Virtual PC 5.0 and higher, and Linux running KDE or Gnome.
|Format: Compact disc|
Vendor: Apologia Educational Ministries
Publication Date: 2010
Apologia Exploring Creation with General Science Basic Set (2nd Edition)Dr. Jay L. WileApologia Educational Ministries / 2008 / Other$58.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 13 Reviews
$90.00Save 35% ($31.51)
Exploring Creation with General Science, 2nd Edition, TextbookApologia Educational Ministries / 2008 / Hardcover$41.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 27 Reviews
$68.00Save 39% ($26.51)
Exploring Creation with General Science, 2nd Edition, Solutions and Test Manual (with Extra Test Booklet)Apologia Educational Ministries / 2008 / Trade Paperback$17.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 10 Reviews
$22.00Save 20% ($4.51)
Exploring Creation with General Science, 2nd Edition, MP3 Audio CDApologia Educational Ministries / 2008 / MP3$25.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 10 Reviews
$29.00Save 12% ($3.51)
Cheryl FloodIllinoisAge: 45-54Gender: female2 Stars Out Of 5A few things to consider before using a CD-RomOctober 10, 2013Cheryl FloodIllinoisAge: 45-54Gender: femaleThis review is more for the CD-ROM, not so much for the course. Some things to consider before going the CD-ROM route in lieu of the text book:
1. Will you use this on a desk top or lap top? If using on a desk top consider that most experiments will be done in the kitchen. The instructions for the experiment will be on your computer (where ever that may be located) while your student is trying to do the experiment in the kitchen. If you have a lap top, it will be much easier.
2. When working on the accompanying (optional) student notebook, there is no book to flip back and forth through to review and find answers or studying for tests. Your student will boot up the computer so s/he can flip back and forth through screens instead. As a matter of fact, any time they need to access the material in this course (to correct their work, reference, etc.), they will need to turn on the computer, put in the disk, and run the program....no just grabbing the book and flipping it open.
3. In the text, as well as the accompanying notebook, there are "On You Own" questions to answer. I have my son answer them in the notebook. They're on the CD-ROM on a screen of their own, and if the student clicks on the "next screen" button, the answer pops up.
4. The tests and answers are on a separate CD. I love technology, but I hate having to put a CD into the computer to print tests or to get the answers to grade tests. Give me a hard copy teacher's manual and test booklet any day!
5. Lesson planning is a bit difficult. Again, there is no text to sift through - you will have to load the course on the computer to do your lesson planning (or find lesson plans elsewhere.) My student needs to know exactly what to do and what is expected of him every day. I can't say, "You have 8 school days to complete module 2." I wish!
6. If you have a highly motivated, accurate, independent learner, a CD-ROM will likely work great IF it's being used on a lap top. If your child is lacking any of those qualities, I don't recommend a CD-ROM. You as a parent have to work a lot closer with this kind of student (as I'm sure you know) and that's more difficult to do if using a CD-ROM (especially if it's not being used on a lap top.) This was something I hadn't considered fully before allowing my 12yo the decision on using a CD-ROM.
SunnyinfFLNE FloridaAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Must Have for General Science Co-opJuly 27, 2011SunnyinfFLNE FloridaAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5To be perfectly honest, Science has been on the back burner for several years in our homeschool. I love Science but other subjects have taken priority. This year my older two will be in middle school and we are joining a co-op that uses this curriculum. I will be co-teaching the class and thought this cd-rom would be helpful. I've only gone through the first module, but can already tell that I will be using this cd (for my own study and in class) frequently. If you will be teaching this course to a co-op class, I believe you'll find this cd-rom to be a great addition to your other materials. I also think that the price is very affordable for all you get on this cd. Happy homeschooling!
Rachel Mcconnell5 Stars Out Of 5September 24, 2010Rachel McconnellI am homeschooling my 12 year old daughter for the first year and I am very glad to have the assurance that Apologia Science Curriculum will teach in accordance with our belief in God's Creation rather than alternative philosophies. I was very excited to find the CD Rom version since I'm not well versed in Science. My daughter loves Science and is very excited about the experiments.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.