Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Christians will face hardship and even persecution. The first Christians faced dangers inside and outside the church, and yet they found the strength to endure. This hope came from the Word of God and from the teachings of their leaders. Explore the Bible: 1-2 Peter reminds believers of the hope they have in Jesus. This foundational truth of the Christian life is essential to enduring hardship. Each of the six sessions is organized into the following sections:
- Understand the Context: This page explains the original context of each passage and begins relating the primary themes to your life today.
- Explore the Text: These pages walk you through Scripture, providing helpful commentary and encouraging thoughtful interaction with God through His Word.
- Obey the Text: This page helps you apply the truths you've explored. It's not enough to know what the Bible says. God's Word has the power to change your life.
At the back of the book is a Leader Guide for each session, Tips for Leading a Group, and Group Contact Information
Number of Pages: 80
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 9.50 X 7.50 X 0.21 (inches)|
Series: Explore the Bible
1 & 2 Peter and Jude, LifeGuide Scripture Bible StudiesCarolyn NystromInterVarsity Press / 2002 / Trade Paperback$6.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews
$10.00Save 30% ($3.01)
For many of us, living in America today is like living in a strange land. We feel like aliens who have awakened in a hostile environment toxic to our faith. We need a sure word to help us understand how to survivemore than that, how to thrivein the challenging circumstances confronting us.
The problems seem overwhelmingracism, terrorism, family breakdowns, abortion, same-sex marriage, pornography, prostitution, sex trafficking, modern-day slavery, illegal immigration, and on and on and on. It seems as if things are spinning out of control. Its easy to think we are facing a dire situation Christians have never before encountered.
But our world is not that different from the world of the very first Christians. They faced many of the same issues we are dealing with today. In some ways, they had it worse than we do because they were a much smaller, marginalized movement just getting started. And yet they found strength to endure and the insight they needed to thrive from various resourcesincluding letters from their leader.
Peter explained how displaced and disaffected Christians could handle the pressure and persecution present in the latter part of the first century. And we can embrace the opportunity to learn how to thrive in our modern world by learning from Peter and applying his spiritual wisdom to our lives.
• Verse-by-verse approach to the content
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
• Leader material (tips for leading a group and suggestions for guiding six group sessions)
• Text-driven, streamlined experience with Gods Word
• Contains historical background that provides a greater context for spiritual growth
• Presents reliable, biblical truth
• Increases leaders confidence and preparation
• Offers biblical insight for the Christian life today
• Includes provocative questions, scriptural support and text, application, and preparation