Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: A Simple Guide to Experience Miracles: Instruction and Inspiration for Living Supernaturally in Christ - eBook|
By: J.P. Moreland
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2021
Stock No: WW115850EB
Does God Still Do Miracles Today? A Simple Guide to Experience Miracles will give you confidence in and awareness of the supernatural realm as you learn how to flourish spiritually by experiencing more miraculous interventions in your life and ministry. Internationally renowned philosopher J. P. Moreland looks at the nature of miracles and explains why bearing and receiving credible testimony to God's miraculous acts is a crucial feature of a mature Jesus-follower. He also shows how to distinguish a real miracle from a mere coincidence. Miracles bring comfort to believers, strengthening faith in God and creating boldness in our lives.
While miraculous healings have occurred frequently throughout church history, Moreland provides data showing how the last fifty years have seen a massive outbreak of miracles and supernatural activity. Today, he argues, the church should humbly expect to see more of these miraculous works of God than we do.
Moreland looks at topics like:
- The relationship between sickness and suffering, along with two different ways to pray for healing
- How to discern clearly the difference between a genuine miracle and a mere coincidence
- How to increase your faith that petitionary prayer really works and what to make of unanswered prayer
- Six ways God speaks to us and advice for hearing God wisely and biblically
- The role angels play in our lives, how they appear to us, and how to combat demonic influence
- The biblical basis for most Near-Death Experiences and what we can learn from them
A Simple Guide to Experience Miracles increases your expectation and hope that God can and often does miraculously intervene to bring help and comfort. Moreland shows that it makes rational sense to step out and engage in employing Kingdom power and to strengthen courage to witness and act on behalf of the gospel of Jesus. Filled with inspiring, credible, motivating accounts of miracles, he covers five different kinds of supernatural activities and provides practical wisdom about how to begin practices such as healing prayer and learning to deal with the demonic.
J. P. Moreland is one of the leading evangelical thinkers of our day. He is distinguished professor of philosophy at Talbot School of Theology and director of Eidos Christian Center. With degrees in philosophy, theology, and chemistry, Dr. Moreland has taught theology and philosophy at several schools throughout the US. He has authored or coauthored many books, including Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview; Christianity and the Nature of Science; Scaling the Secular City; Does God Exist?; The Lost Virtue of Happiness; and Body and Soul. He is coeditor of Jesus Under Fire: Modern Scholarship Reinvents the Historical Jesus. His work appears in publications such as Christianity Today, Faith and Philosophy, Philosophia Christi, Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, and The American Philosophical Quarterly. Dr. Moreland served with Campus Crusade for ten years, planted two churches, and has spoken on over 200 college campuses and in hundreds of churches
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts >> Healing
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts >> Miracles
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.