- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
"One of a mere handful of genuinely significant books in systematic theology from the last decade. Into the midst of riot and conflict, God on the cross, with outstretched hands, points us to a theology of embrace. Has implications for all Christian social ethics,"---Princeton Seminary Bulletin
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
DoctorJRoanoke, VAAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5A theology that moves beyond liberation.January 10, 2014DoctorJRoanoke, VAAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5As a liberation theologian, I am so inspired by this notion of "embrace." The question could legitimately be asked, "After liberation - then what?" J. Deotis Roberts hinted at this necessary trajectory by coupling liberation and reconciliation. Embrace moves beyond even this, in that it addresses the need for those who have been liberated and reconciled to become vulnerable on an existential and experiential level. I am reminded of philosopher William Desmond's notion of "porosity" in this regard. This is a relevant work for multiple reasons, for multiple cultures in the 21st century. It can do much to promote a metaxological, agapeic, beloved community.
Rodolfo Galindo5 Stars Out Of 5April 11, 2008Rodolfo GalindoThis book deserves five stars. Volf is a wonderful thinker, but also a pastoral presence in this book as he identifies and seeks to understand the concept of forgiveness. The concept of forgiveness is elusive and ambiguous in todays culture. Ask 10 people what the word means and you get different answers. Volf explores and tries to understand what forgiveness is and accomplishes and how it changes everything in our lives if we allow the power of Christ within us to forgive when to worlds says forget or revenge.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Theologians by Historical Time Period >> Modern
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Theologians by Historical Time Period >> Postmodern/Contemporary
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians