Everything is Sacred: A Complete Introduction to the Sacrament of Baptism - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Paraclete Press
Publication Date: 2012
Everything Is Sacred: An Introduction to the Sacrament of BaptismThomas Scirghi, James MartinParaclete Press / 2012 / Trade Paperback$15.29 Retail:
$16.99Save 10% ($1.70)
The perfect guidebook for curious parents, enthusiastic newcomers, and confused cradle Catholics. Frankly, this is the best book on baptism Ive ever read. James Martin, S.J. author of the New York Times Bestseller, The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything Baptism is the beginning of ones life in the community of the church, and the gateway to the rest of the sacraments. Isnt it better to get baptized when youre older, and can understand what youre doing? Does my baby have to be baptized immediately? Will my child go to hell, limbo or purgatory ifGod forbidhe or she dies before baptism? Why are so many baptisms done during the Mass these days? Whats the role of the godparents? Do they have to be Catholics? Christians? Believers? These are questions from good Catholics that deserve good answers. If people remain confused about baptism, they will be confused about the sacramental life of the church, and, by extension, their faith. Thomas Scirghi has written a fine book on baptism for the 21st century church. Rooted deeply in Scripture, the authoritative teaching of the Catholic Church, and the living tradition of sacramental practice, Scirghis book is laced with literary, cultural, and everyday examples that allow readers to grasp (or grasp anew) the continuing significance of baptism in the life of the Church and in their own lives. Timothy Brunk, Assistant Professor of Theology, Villanova University Thomas Scirghi S.J. is associate professor of systematic theology at Fordham University in New York. Hes a practical theologian writing for an audience of non-theologians who desire a deeper understanding of the faith.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology >> Baptism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Catholic Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Sacraments >> Baptism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Sacraments >> Baptism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic