Take the mystery out of Common Core ELA!
If you are a parent struggling to understand the new Common Core English Language Arts standards for your child, you're not alone. Even though the Common Core ELA has been adopted by 45 states across the nation, if you're accustomed to traditional English courses, you may be having a hard time understanding what your kids are bringing home from school--and why.The Everything Parent's Guide to Common Core ELA, Grades 68
can help. With easy-to-understand examples, comprehension tips, and practice exercises, this comprehensive guide will explain:
- What your child will be learning in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade
- The types of books and passages your child will be reading
- The new requirements and the rationale for reading nonfiction texts
- The focus on finding evidence and formulating arguments
- The reasoning behind the Common Core English Language Arts standards
This valuable reference book will give you the confidence to help your kids meet the ELA expectations for their grade level, excel at school, and prepare for high school and beyond.