The clinical diagnosis of Asperger's can be intimidating for parents. Often the focus is on their child's "disabilities" rather than his "abilities," and parents may be left wondering what they should expect as their child journeys through life. This guide helps you take the first steps toward understanding how this developmental disorder may impact your child. This uncomplicated handbook introduces you to Asperger's and helps you to:
- Get a diagnosis and understand the results
- Identify triggers that can lead to sensory overload
- Recognize symptoms of meltdowns and work to prevent them
- Educate family and friends about Asperger's
- Discover support groups for themselves and their child
Now revised and updated, this new edition includes information on educational concerns and social interactions. This is the only resource you need to help your child overcome the obstacles of Asperger's and find success--and happiness.