- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
In Everything Must Change, Brian McLaren asks "Shouldn't a message proclaiming to be the best news in the world be doing better than this?" In this provocative and unsettling work Brian expounds upon a form of Christian practice that is holistic, integral and balanced, ultimately offering good news to both the living and the dying by declaring God's grace at work both in this life and the life to come. Open your heart to this essential message and see why it is being called McLaren's most important work to date.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2009
How can the life and teachings of Jesus impact the most critical global problems in our world today?
For the last twenty years, Brian McLaren has been unable to escape this life-shaping question. In Everything Must Change, he unveils a fresh and provocative vision of Jesus and his teachings, and how his message of hope can ignite purpose and passion to change the economic, environmental, military, political, and social crises that have overtaken our world.
The Good News is more than a ticket to heaven. It is an invitation to personal change and a radical challenge for global transformation. Imagine what would happen:
- if we believed that God's will really could be done on earth and not just in heaven
- if the world's leading nations spent less on weapons and more on making peace, alleviating poverty, and caring for creation
- if a renewed understanding of Jesus and his message sparked a profound spiritual awakening in a global movement of faith, hope, and love
If you are hungry for a fresh vision of what it means to be a person of faith, Everything Must Change shows what would happen when Jesus' Good News collides with a world in need.
Brian D. McLaren (MA, University of Maryland) is an author, speaker, activist and public theologian. After teaching college English, Brian pastored Cedar Ridge Community Church in the Baltimore-Washington, DC area. Brain has been active in networking and mentoring church planters and pastors for over 20 years. He is a popular conference speaker and a frequent guest lecturer for denominational and ecumenical leadership gatherings in the US and internationally.
David Crumm and ReadTheSpirit.com▼▲
At ReadTheSpirit, we deeply respect McLaren and recommend a number of his books, but for the next six months the "buzz" surrounding McLaren's work is going to focus both this new volume from Thomas Nelson publishing.
Two years after Jim Wallis' "God's Politics" appeared, McLaren's new book is basically a fresh hymn on a similar theme. But the two visionaries are distinct. While Wallis dreams of reuniting the branches of the evangelical movement, McLaren talks more about traditional churches imploding and envisions a new, hopeful, socially engaged movement emerging within Christianity. This book is great for groups with a discussion guide woven into the text itself. At 34 chapters, this new book may seem too thick for most small groups, but it's easy to divide the material for study.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Environmental Stewardship
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Environmental Stewardship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Environmental Stewardship
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics
- eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions