- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
|Publication Date: 2013|
The father-daughter relationship is a truly special one what a dad does can have a tremendous influence on helping his daughter to grow into a confident woman who does well in life.
So what does a daughter need most from her dad? What does a dad need to watch for and be aware of? Byron and Robin Yawn look to Scripture and life stories for practical principles that will help fathers become all they can be for their daughters. Among the topics they cover are
- the importance of being a male role model a daughter can look up to
- the need to carefully balance sensitivity and strength
- the keys to good and meaningful father-daughter communication
- the character qualities a daughter needs most in her dad
- the ways a father can prepare his daughter for adulthood
A superb resource for helping fathers navigate this relationship in a way that results in lifelong joy and blessings.
WickEvansville, IndianaAge: 35-44Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Christian Dads Should Read ThisJanuary 20, 2018WickEvansville, IndianaAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5As the father of two daughters, I thought Byron and Robin Yawn's book, What Every Woman Wishes Her Father Had Told Her, should be something I read. It was definitely a good purchase. The book is filled with Scripture, real-life stories, humor (you might laugh out loud a few times), and practical advice on how to be a Godly father that draws his daughter (s) to Christ. The Harvest House published book is less than 200 pages and consists of the following 12 chapters.
1. A Man Gladly Wrapped Around a Finger
2. Life - You're Not Crazy
3. Love - Find This Man (Lt. Todd Weaver's Letter to His Infant Daughter)
4. Purity - There is no Such Thing as Casual Sex (Adoniram Judson's Letter to His Future Father-in-Law)
5. Biblical Womanhood - It's More Ridiculous Than You Think (Adoniram Judson's Letter Regarding Marriage to Ann Hasseltine)
6. A Spiritual Leader - Be Careful What You Ask For (The Seven Stages of the Married Cold)
7. Marriage - Complex Problems Start from Simple Failures (Husband's Communication Safety Guide)
8. Freedom - Never Fear Answering the Door (The Good Wife's Guide)
9. Beauty - You Are Beautiful (Safe)
10. Husbands - Seriously, You Cannot Change Him (Application for Permission to Date My Daughter)
11. Strength - You Cannot Do All Things in Christ (Rules for Dating My Daughter)
12. Grace - You Must Love Christ More to Love Him as You Should
I like how you get two Christian perspectives throughout the book - one from a reformed pastor endorsed by John MacArthur and the other, a pastor's wife and mother of two daughters and a son. It's a book written specifically for dads; however, I know the book has been a blessing to moms and daughters as well. If you desire to communicate more effectively with your daughter (s) and be someone she/they can trust, I highly recommend What Every Woman Wishes Her Father Told Her.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Daughters
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Fatherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Daughters
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Fatherhood
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting