- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
There are many books on vocation, and many that focus on our relationship to God. But Keller's Every Good Endeavor is not about our relationship to God but rather about the relationship of our daily work to God's work in the world and how we further God's work through our own.
How can this be done? How can this be done in an increasingly competitive, insecure, and ever more demanding work environment of modern America? Keller asks these fundamental questions:
- What is the purpose of work?
- How can I find meaning and serve customers in a cutthroat, bottom-line-oriented workplace?
- How can I use my skills in a vocation that has meaning and purpose?
- Can I stay true to my values and still advance in my field?
- How do I make the difficult choices that must be made in the course of a successful career?
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Penguin Random House
Publication Date: 2012
Tim Keller, pastor of New Yorks Redeemer Presbyterian Church and the New York Times bestselling author of The Reason for God, has taught and counseled students, young professionals, and senior leaders on the subject of work and calling for more than twenty years. Now he pulls his insights into a thoughtful and practical book for readers everywhere.
With deep conviction and often surprising advice, Keller shows readers that biblical wisdom is immensely relevant to our questions about work today. In fact, the Christian view of workthat we work to serve others, not ourselvescan provide the foundation of a thriving professional and balanced personal life. Keller shows how excellence, integrity, discipline, creativity, and passion in the workplace can help others and even be considered acts of worshipnot just of self-interest.
Katherine Leary Alsdorf worked twenty-five years in the high-tech industry as an economic analyst and in various executive leadership positions. After her CEO roles at One Touch Systems and Pensare, Redeemer Presbyterian Church recruited Katherine to lead the churchs efforts in marketplace ministry, now called the Center for Faith & Work, which has grown to serve more than two thousand people a year. Katherine has served on the boards of the International Arts Movement, the Fellowship for the Performing Arts, and the Theology of Work Project.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
"Tim Keller's ministry in New York City is leading a generation of seekers and skeptics toward belief in God. I thank God for him." Billy Graham
"This is the book I give to all my friends who are serious spiritual seekers or skeptics." Rick Warren, author of The Purpose Driven Life, on The Reason for God
"Theologically rich and philosophically informed, yet accessible and filled with practical wisdom. Drawing on decades of study and ministry, Every Good Endeavor may soon become one of the most important contemporary books on faith and work." Comment magazine
"Another masterpiece . . . Well-reasoned [and] comprehensive . . . Every Good Endeavor deftly explains how we can relish and enjoy our work while honoring God and serving others, all the while avoiding the extremes of negativity on the one hand and idolatry on the other." The Gospel Coalition
"Most people sitting in the pews of our churches on a Sunday morning spend more time in the workplace than anywhere else. Yet we can too easily make following Christ a matter of personal devotions and church activity. . . . This is great book on an important area that is too often neglected." Tim Chester
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Men's Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry
- Church & Supplies >> Men's Ministry
- Church & Supplies >> Women's Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Men's Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry