Add To Cart
Every Autumn Comes the Bear
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
This untamed creature is a yearly visitor to the wooded hill behind the author's Vermont farm. In addition to the bear, readers meet a bobcat, a red fox, a grouse and several other woodland animals. The lean, powerful text uses an intimate, conversational tone to tell of typical bear ways: the bear drinks water from a spring, claws a tree trunk and follows forest trails "just to see where each one leads." Each of the full-page watercolors is vibrant, translucent and strikingly composed.
Number of Pages: 32
Vendor: Penguin Random House
Dimensions: 10.30 X 8.04 X 0.10 (inches)
Jim Arnosky is well known for his "keen observations of nature and his fine artistic talent" (School Library Journal). He has written and illustrated many childrens books. Otters Under Water was called "first-rate natural history for the youngest" by Kirkus Reviews (pointer review), and School Library Journal wrote that in it "each of his creatures exhibits a distinct individualism." Every Autumn Comes the Bear was called "vibrant, translucent and strikingly composed" by Publishers Weekly, and Booklist wrote "Arnosky's radiant pictures have a dazzling sense of pattern and composition . . . and a sense of mystery. A beautiful, imaginative, and informative approach." School Library Journal said of Rabbits & Raindrops, "Perfect for story-time or lap-time reading, this book will give children a feeling of security and contentment."
Jim Arnosky and his family live on a twenty-acre farm in Vermont.copyright © 2000 by Penguin Putnam Books for Young Readers. All rights reserved.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books