Evangelicals and Nicene Faith (Beeson Divinity Studies): Reclaiming the Apostolic Witness - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Academic
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Beeson Divinity Studies
The Nicene Creed is the most universally accepted statement of Christian faith by Protestant, Catholic, and Orthodox believers alike. In this volume, top scholars examine the Nicene Creed's connection with the evangelical tradition, helping readers see evangelicalism as a renewal movement within the one holy catholic and apostolic church. Particular focus is given to the Creed's practical outworking in the life of the church--its theology, spirituality, worship, and mission. Topics include pastoral work, biblical exegesis, the emerging phenomena, and Christian orthodoxy's revival in the Global South. The book helps readers present the traditional Christian faith to twenty-first-century people. Contributors include Thomas C. Oden, Gerald Bray, Carl E. Braaten, Curtis W. Freeman, Elizabeth Newman, and Ralph C. Wood, among others.
Timothy George (ThD, Harvard University) is founding dean and professor of divinity, history, and doctrine at Beeson Divinity School, Samford University, in Birmingham, Alabama. He is the author or editor of numerous books, is a member of the editorial council for Christianity Today, and is on the editorial advisory board of Books & Culture.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Creeds & Confessions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Evangelical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Creeds & Confessions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions