Add To Cart
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Note Size▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The ESV Study Bible includes more than 20,000 notes, written specifically for the ESV Study Bible. These notes focus especially on understanding the meaning of the text, giving answers to frequently raised questions, and providing theological, historical, and archaeological background—all for the purpose of helping readers to understand the Bible in a deeper way.
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research
- Over 200 charts provide concise, "at a glance" summaries of important themes and teaching
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Gold page edges, thumb-indexed
- 9.75" x 6.75" x 2.50"
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2752
Publication Date: 2014
Dimensions: 9.19 X 6.50 (inches)
References: Cross References|Side Column
|Text Layout: Double Column|In-Text Maps/Charts|
Text Color: Black Letter
Text Size: 9 Point
Note Size: 7 Point
Thumb Index: Yes
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: Gold
ESV Study Bible (Indexed)Crossway / 2014 / Hardcover$36.99 Retail:
$59.99Save 38% ($23.00)
ESV Study Bible, Personal Size (TruTone, Saddle, Ornament Design)Crossway / 2014 / Imitation Leather$39.99 Retail:
$64.99Save 38% ($25.00)
robert5 Stars Out Of 5Great additional information in the Back of the BibleMay 8, 2015robertQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5great verse explanations, and the back of the Bible has great additional information on the on other world religions and on cults related to Christianity and how the there beliefs are different from the Bibles teaching.