- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Week
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
With easy-to-read 10.5-text size, this large-print Bible makes the ESV accessible in every sense of the word. The ESV Study Bible includes more than 20,000 notes, written specifically for the ESV Study Bible. These notes focus especially on understanding the meaning of the text, giving answers to frequently raised questions, and providing theological, historical, and archaeological background—all for the purpose of helping you to understand the Bible in a deeper way.
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. The introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
The ESV Study Bible includes over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archaeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
- The Bible text is set in highly readable 10.5-point text size, in a double-column paragraph format
- Book introductions
- Extensive reference concordance
- Table of weights and measures
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. These summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research
- Over 200 charts provide concise, "at a glance" summaries of important themes and teaching
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Ribbon marker
- Gold page edges
- 9.75" x 6.75" x 2.25"
- Includes free access to the ESV Online Study Bible
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 3136
Publication Date: 2014
Dimensions: 9.75 X 7.00 X 2.50 (inches)
|Text Color: Black Letter|
Text Size: 11 Point
Note Size: 9 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: Gold
The ESV Study Bible, Large Print edition transforms the content of the award-winning ESV Study Bible into a highly readable, large-print type.
Freedomhammer4 Stars Out Of 5Maps not as specifiedNovember 30, 2016FreedomhammerQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 2In the book description it clearly says "Over 200 full-color maps..." The maps are 1-color only, no full-color map anywhere. Instead of color, various forms of cross-hatching are used, which is nowhere near as legible as a full color map where areas are in a solid color. I would recommend this Bible only with this caveat: the maps are not in full color, and all illustrations are in the same one color, a sort of olive green. Even so the large type is very readable and the abundant detailed study notes well offset the misrepresentation of map color.
Cindy5 Stars Out Of 5ESV Large Print Study BibleNovember 2, 2016CindyQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0i love this Bible! I have two friends who were so impressed with it that they have ordered one exactly like mine!
Ruth5 Stars Out Of 5WonderfulJuly 10, 2016RuthQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The font sizes are easy to read and the pages don't stick together. This Bible is "ready to go"! The study notes give understandable explanations of common terms and helpful information to passages. Tons of helps too.
Marilyn DauerMichiganAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5ESV large printMay 27, 2016Marilyn DauerMichiganAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Excellent quality. The only problem I have is thst it is too heavy.
Junebugg5 Stars Out Of 5BeautifulMay 7, 2016JunebuggQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0This is a gorgeous Bible! It is a very large, heavy bible, but I wanted a study bible with large print. This fit the bill perfectly.. I'm only sorry that I forgot to have it engraved.
Q: The Crossways ESV BIBle, is it written by a panel of people or by one person?
The ESV Study Bible notes were written by a panel of scholars.