Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
The ESV Study Bible includes more than 20,000 notes, written specifically for the ESV Study Bible. These notes focus especially on understanding the meaning of the text, giving answers to frequently raised questions, and providing theological, historical, and archeological background—all for the purpose of helping readers to understand the Bible in a deeper way.
The ESV Study Bible also provides a wealth of additional resources. Thus the introductions to each book include essential information about the author, date, and place of writing; an extensive chart of key themes; a summary of how the book fits in with the rest of the biblical storyline; a description of literary features; an outline of the book; and a large full-color map showing the setting of the book.
Another unique feature is the inclusion of over 50 helpful articles on topics such as the authority and truthfulness of the Bible, reading the Bible for application, the Bible in worship and prayer, the reliability of the biblical manuscripts, the relationship between archeology and the Bible, an overview of biblical theology, and many more.
Other key resources include a system of 80,000 cross references and a concordance (which together facilitate easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes). In addition, over 200 color charts, located throughout the Bible, provide clear, concise presentations of essential information.
- The ESV Bible text is set in highly readable 9-point type, in a single-column, book-text format
- Section summaries are highlighted for easy location throughout the notes. Summaries provide an overview of each main section and correspond to the outline shown in the introduction for each book
- Over 200 full-color maps printed throughout make events and places in the Bible come to life
- Over 25,000 notes focus especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues. Words from the Bible text are printed in bold for easy reference
- Over 80,000 cross-references provide easy access to key words, passages, and themes throughout the Bible
- Numerous diagrams bring fresh understanding to key places and events in the Bible, based on the best, most recent historical and archaeological research
- Over 200 charts provide concise, "at a glance" summaries of important themes and teaching
- Ribbon marker
- Presentation page
- Family Record pages
- Gold page edges, thumb-indexed
- 9.75" x 6.75" x 2.50"
- Includes free access to the ESV Online Study Bible
|Format: Genuine Leather|
Number of Pages: 2752
Publication Date: 2014
Dimensions: 9.50 X 7.00 X 2.25 (inches)
References: Cross References|Side Column
|Text Layout: In-Text Maps/Charts|Single Column|
Text Color: Black Letter
Text Size: 9 Point
Note Size: 7 Point
Thumb Index: Yes
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: Gold
ESV Study Bible (TruTone, Brown/Cordovan, Portfolio Design, Indexed), Imitation LeatherCrossway / 2014 / Imitation Leather$54.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$89.99Save 39% ($35.00)
ESV Study Bible (Indexed)Crossway / 2014 / Hardcover$34.99 Retail:
$59.99Save 42% ($25.00)
ESV Study Bible (TruTone, Forest/Tan, Trail Design, Indexed), Imitation LeatherCrossway / 2014 / Imitation Leather$54.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$89.99Save 39% ($35.00)
ESV Study Bible, TruTone Imitation Leather, Mahogany, Ornament DesignCrossway / 2015 / Imitation Leather$49.99 Retail:
$79.99Save 38% ($30.00)
The ESV Study Bible was designed to help you understand the Bible in a deeper way. Created by a diverse team of 95 leading Bible scholars and teachersfrom 9 countries, nearly 20 denominations, and 50 seminaries, colleges, and universitiesthe ESV Study Bible features a wide array of study tools, making it a valuable resource for serious readers, students, and teachers of Gods Word. Includes thumb indexes.
jabulani565 Stars Out Of 5Very Nice Reference BibleJanuary 11, 2016jabulani56Quality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I am very pleased with this Bible reference.
dshute4 Stars Out Of 5ESV Study BibleAugust 20, 2015dshuteQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4I have been reading up on the ESV for some time and decided it was time to get another version for every day reading. The fact that it is a very readable, literal version really appealed to me. The one I purchased is the ESV Study Bible in black genuine leather with thumb indexing. All things considered it was a smart purchase for the price paid. The binding is nice, the paper a little lower quality than I'm used to but the study notes, maps and illustrations make this a really nice Bible for every day use. No regrets whatsoever.
Q: Will the words of Christ be in Red?
No, this is a black letter edition.