- All Products
- Biblical Studies× (1,988)
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 1997
Series: Great Lives
Everyone loves a transformation story. Rags to riches. Plain to beautiful. Weak to strong. Esther's story is that, but it is much more. It is a thought-provoking study of God's invisible hand writing silently and unseen across the pages of human history. Perhaps most of all, Esther's story is the account of godly attributes like courage, dignity, wisdom, and strength?attributes that blocked an evil plot, overthrew an arrogant killer, and replaced terror with joy in thousands of Jewish homes.
Author Chuck Swindoll interweaves the ancient, real-life story with insight not only into the virtues of Queen Esther, but also into how the qualities that formed and empowered her can be ours. Esther is the second volume of Charles Swindoll's best-selling series, which examines great lives from God's Word and reveals the strengths and weaknesses that make God's men and women both great . . . and human. Many of the most beloved biblical heroes were ordinary folks. Shepherds. Fishermen. Servants. Widows. Even harlots and petty thieves. One by one, they changed the course of history.
Swindoll explains that these men and women did not become great in their own strength but were empowered by God when they surrendered their lives to Him. To live such a life that God considers great is within the reach of everyone who submits to Him.
Charles R. Swindoll has devoted his life to the clear, practical teaching and application of God's Word. He currently pastors Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, Texas, and serves as the chancellor of Dallas Theological Seminary. His renowned Insight for Living radio program airs around the world. Chuck and Cynthia, his partner in life and ministry, have four grown children and ten grandchildren.
Bible SudentColumbus, OHAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Very enlighteningMay 20, 2011Bible SudentColumbus, OHAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4This book gave me great insight into the book of Esther. It showed me that is was just not a book about the first (and only) beauty pagent menetioned in the bible. It revealed God's presense and grace to a people who had strayed from God and on how He turned things around even though He is not mentioned in the book. It showed how an orphan girl could become a queen while an very predjudical man (similiar to Hitler) would be killed on the very tool he built for another. It also showed how much God protects and loves the Jewish people - inspite of themselves.
Jeanne Koch5 Stars Out Of 5June 21, 2008Jeanne KochThis book is awesome. It is in story form but true. It feels like you are there. I couldn't put it down.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Biblical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Biblical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Biblical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Biblical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction