Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Small does not mean unhealthy, insular, poorly managed, or settling for less. Small churches are often healthy, dynamic, and equipped to minister to their communities in ways that large churches just can’t. Both big and small churches play vital roles in the kingdom of God, but they each require a different set of tools. Yet most resources are produced by big church pastors and give advice that works well for big churches, even though most churches are small. And using big church tools for small church problems doesn’t work. Small Church Essentials is about getting the tools to make your small church great. Karl Vaters, a leading voice on small church ministry, shares:
- Why many healthy churches do and should stay small
- How to tackle chronic small church issues
- How to serve with passion and measure success well
- How to lead your church to fulfill the role only a small church can.
Number of Pages: 220
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2018
|Dimensions: 8 X 5.25 (inches)|
Reality Check for the Church: Discovering a Unique Vision for the Small ChurchDr. Ron JohnstonWord Alive Press / 2013 / Trade Paperback$11.69 Retail:
$12.99Save 10% ($1.30)
Small, Strong Congregations: Creating Strengths and Health for Your CongregationKennon L. CallahanJossey-Bass / 2012 / Trade Paperback$24.30 Retail:
$27.00Save 10% ($2.70)
A Place Where Everybody Matters: Life and Ministry in a Small ChurchJean Risley, Leslie McKinneyWipf & Stock / 2010 / Trade Paperback$9.39 Retail:
$19.00Save 51% ($9.61)
Do you lead a small church?
Big churches get all the love. Articles, books, conferencesthey mostly feature leaders of large congregations. Yet big churches are a small part of the ecclesial landscape. In fact, more than 90 percent of churches have fewer than 200 people. That means small churches play a big part in what God is doing.
Small Church Essentials is for leaders of these smaller congregations. It encourages them to steward their role well, debunking myths about small churches while offering principles for leading a dynamic, healthy small church.
Based on the popular six-hour lecture that Karl Vaters delivers to church leaders across the country, Small Church Essentials will affirm small church leaders and show them how to identify what they do well, and how to do it even better. Readers will:
- Be assured that leading a small congregation does not make them ministry failures
- Come away inspired to lead with passion, regardless the size of their church
- Have field-tested principles for leading a church in their context
- Possess new metrics for biblically measuring vitality in small churches
- Have a toolkit of resources to use in their everyday ministry
Karl Vaters has been a small church pastor for 30 years, is the author of The Grasshopper Myth: Big Churches, Small Churches, and the Small Thinking that Divides Us (2013), and travels extensively to churches and conferences to speak about leading a small church well.
If you are pastoring a small church, this book will be a breath of fresh air. It will affirm your calling while giving you fresh tools to help you lead. It will help you:
- Stop believing lies about small churches
- Lead your church to fulfill the role only small churches can
- Understand your congregations strengths and weaknesses
- Turn around a dying or unhealthy church
- Identify good trends and bad in church and culture