Essential Irish Grammar: Teach Yourself / Digital original - eBook
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Teach Yourself
Publication Date: 2012
Essential Irish Grammar will help you get more out of your study of Irish.
Essential Irish Grammar is an up-to-date introduction to Irish grammar. You don't need to know a lot about grammar before you start. Everything is explained simply and there are lots of examples to illustrate each point. Unlike more traditional grammars, Essential Irish Grammar is structured so that you can look up language forms according to what you want to say, even if you don't know the grammatical term for them. If you already know some grammar, then you can use the 'reference grammar' section at the back of the book to look up the points you need.
The course consists of 20 units illustrating the various uses to which the language can be put, for example, giving instructions or talking about the recent past. The more traditional reference grammar deals with grammatical structures, such as the imperative or the perfect tense. All grammatical terms are explained in the glossary at the back of the book. Each unit contains exercises for you to practise what you have learnt and there is a key at the back of the book for you to check your answers. The new page design in this edition means that the book is even easier to use and the main headings are in English so that you can find your way around the book quickly. This edition contains a 'taking it further' section which will direct you to further sources of real Irish.
Essential Irish Grammar will help you to understand and manipulate Irish grammar with confidence because:
- you need no prior knowledge of grammatical terminology to use it;
- the approach is accessible and supportive;
- the examples are clear and in context;
- exercises help you practise every point.
Now in a brand new edition with new, easy-to-follow page design and interactive on-line features:
NOT GOT MUCH TIME?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking.
END-OF-UNIT SUMMARIES AND ONLINE TESTS
Summaries and tests to help you keep track of your progress.
EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Extra online articles at: www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of Irish.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Foreign Languages >> Other Languages
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Language Arts
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Other Languages
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Foreign Languages
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Language Arts
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Other Languages
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Foreign Languages
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Language Arts
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Other Languages