- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2014
jtrandolphKnoxville, TNAge: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Good Basic BiographyOctober 10, 2012jtrandolphKnoxville, TNAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4I jumped at the opportunity to read and review this book because I wanted to learn more about the man, Eric Liddell, behind the movie Chariots of Fire.
The author starts with the story of Liddell's childhood, growing up the son of missionary parents in Northern China. The story progresses from Liddell and his brother being sent to boarding school in England, where Liddell's giftedness as a runner eventually earns him a place in the 1924 Olympics in Paris. The author shows how Liddell's faith and religious conviction shaped his life, including his refusal to compete in athletic events on the Lord's Day (Sunday).
Upon his graduation, Liddell chose a life of service as a missionary to China rather than capitalizing upon his fame from the Olympics. This simple man of conviction, ultimately influenced the spread of Christianity in China, through his life and death.
This book, as the others in the Trailblazer series, is recommended for younger readers, ages 7-14. It even has suggested questions for discussion in the back of the book for parents to interact with their children as they read the book. I would easily recommend this book as a good, basic biographical book.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Christian Focus 4 Kids as part of their Trailblazers Book Review Extravaganza. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Bible Resources & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Biography
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Bible Resources & Curriculum >> Bible Subjects >> Church History
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Biography
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Biography
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.