- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
A call for parents to take responsibility for their children and give them what they truly need in order to grow, thrive, and love.
Take a good look around you: you can't go into stores or restaurants without seeing joyless children screaming and sulking while their parents ignore them. According to esteemed child psychiatrist Robert Shaw, this epidemic has become so much the norm that we often don't recognize its warning signs. This bold and timely book tells you how to save your child and your family—with a commonsense approach that cuts to the core of the problem and shows us the cure. The Epidemic covers:
- Developing your child's ability to love
- Managing child care and minimizing the damage
- Raising cooperative, joyful, and creative children
- Promoting self-esteem and confidence rather than self-centeredness
- Avoiding the harmful effects of electronic media
- Healing angry, contemptuous, withdrawn, and out-of-control children
Robert Shaw, M.D.,was an internationally renowned child and family psychiatrist practicing in Mill Valley and Berkeley, California, and the director of the Family Institute of Berkeley. He specialized in child psychiatry at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City and taught at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, where he was chief of the Family and Children's Mental Health Services for the South Bronx. He then directed the Family and Children's Mental Health Services for the city of Berkeley. Dr. Shaw died in 2009 and is survived by his wife, Judith Bloom Shaw, four children, and five grandchildren.
Stephanie Wood is the executive editor of Parenting Early Years and Parenting School Years, where she oversees articles on child development, health, and education. She lives with her husband and three children in Blauvelt, New York.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Children's Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Discipline
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Children's Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Discipline
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting