Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Entrusted with the Gospel: Paul's Theology in the Pastoral Epistles
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 352
Vendor: B&H Academic
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 X 1.00 (inches)|
1 & 2 Timothy, & Titus: New American Commentary [NAC]Thomas D. Lea, Hayne P. Griffin Jr.B&H Books / 1992 / Hardcover$20.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$32.99Save 36% ($12.00)
I Suffer Not a Woman: Rethinking 1 Timothy 2:11-15 in Light of Ancient EvidenceCatherine Clark Kroeger, Richard Clark KroegerBaker Books / 1992 / Trade Paperback$23.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$28.00Save 14% ($4.01)
The Pastoral Epistles with Philemon & Jude: Brazos Theological Commentary on the BibleRisto SaarinenBrazos Press / 2008 / Hardcover$26.99 Retail:
$33.00Save 18% ($6.01)
After a lengthy period during which scholars paid relatively little attention to the Pastoral Epistles, a spate of studies has suddenly appeared in print. However, except for a small number of commentaries, critical scholars have by and large neglected evangelical scholarship on these letters. To fill in this gap, this volume offers a collection of important essays written by evangelicals on 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus. The book aims to inform readers of the history of scholarship on these letters and examine thoroughly Paul’s theology in the Pastoral Epistles.
Contributors include several scholars who have done previous advanced work on these letters: I. Howard Marshall (University of Aberdeen, Scotland; Recent Study in the Pastoral Epistles), Andreas Köstenberger (Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary[SEBTS]; Hermeneutical and Exegetical Challenges), Terry L. Wilder (B&H Publishing Group; Authorship), F. Alan Tomlinson (Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary [MBTS]; Purpose/Stewardship), Greg Couser (Cedarville University; Doctrine of God), Daniel L. Akin (SEBTS; Christology), Ray van Neste (Union University; Cohesion and Structure of the PE), B. Paul Wolfe (Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary; Use of Scripture), Ben Merkle (SEBTS; Ecclesiology), George Wieland (Carey Baptist College, New Zealand; Soteriology), Thor Madsen (MBTS; Ethics), and Chiao Ek Ho (East Asia School of Theology, Singapore; Missiology).
Andreas J. Köstenberger is professor of New Testament and director of Ph.D. Studies at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (SEBTS) in Wake Forest, North Carolina. He also serves as editor for the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society (JETS).
Terry L. Wilder is academic acquisitions editor at B&H Publishing Group in Nashville, Tennessee, and research professor of New Testament and Greek at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> New Testament Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Exegetical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Exegetical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> New Testament Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Pauline Theology