Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Enjoy the Silence - eBook|
By: Maggie Robbins, Duffy Robbins
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2010
Stock No: WW10811EB
Lets face itcontinuing to find a good source of daily devotions, let alone being focused enough for real spiritual refreshment, is almost impossible. But we all know time with God is important. The good news is, there is a way to work true connection with God into your daily life; you just need a Bible, twenty minutes a day, and a quiet place to practice lectio divina, which is rereading a passage of Scripture over and over so God can speak to you through it. And Enjoy the Silence is the perfect place to learn this amazing practice.
Have you ever picked up the Bible and thought, "Im reading this passage, but it really doesnt connect with me"? Or tried to start a prayer routine and gradually found yourself sleeping in or watching TV instead because talking to God felt too much like a one-way conversation every time? If so, its not because God doesnt want to speak with youits exactly the opposite. And one way to not only find a personal connection to the Bible but also feel Gods presence is through lectio divina. Enjoy the Silence contains simple exercises that guide you through this ancient process of reading Scripture, meditating on it, listening to what God is telling you, and then responding to the verses or passage you just read. It also contains tips for finding the best places to read and ways to continue your journey into the Bible and with God himself.
Enjoy the Silence:
- contains a 30-day guided reading plan to jumpstart your deeper relationship with God
- explains the process of lectio divina and how to best integrate it into your busy life
- has the days Scripture and helpful prompts in one place, so you can simply pick up your device and start
- is perfect for teens, young adults, and anyone looking for a new devotional experience
Dr. Duffy Robbins is Professor of youth ministry at Eastern University in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, is a respected youth ministry veteran with over forty years of experience in the field. He speaks around the world to teenagers and people who care about teenagers. Duffy also serves as a Teaching Pastor at Faithbridge Church, Spring Texas.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Teen Devotionals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Teen Devotionals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> Teen Devotionals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Devotionals
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Teen Devotionals
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Devotionals